During the week of December 11, third graders will be learning about a variety of fall/winter holidays and how they are celebrated around the world.
Students will learn about…
· Christmas and how it is celebrated in the Netherlands, Greenland, Mexico and Australia.
· Diwali and how it is celebrated in India.
· Hanukah and how it is celebrated in Israel.
· Kwanza and how it is celebrated in America.
We would love to hear about a holiday your family celebrates or a tradition that is important to your family.
We invite you to surprise your child and contribute to our cultural celebration FLIP GRID that we will share with students starting next Wednesday. You are encouraged to make a quick 2 minute video to help us learn more about the many celebrations and traditions that make our families special.
Be sure to include:
· Your name
· Your child’s name
· The holiday, celebration or tradition
· What makes your time special? Clothes, food, music, activities, songs…
The FLIP GRID is sorted by classes so that we can make sure and try to get to the families in our homerooms first and then branch out and continue our learning.
REMEMBER… this is SURPRISE! You will get to make a virtual visit to our classroom!
Using FLIPGRID is easy.
· Click on the link-- https://flipgrid.com/3r2ytv
· Click on the BIG GREEN + sign.
· You will then be asked to allow the site to use your camera on your phone, computer or ipad.
· You are ready to record. Hit the red record button. It will count your down, 3-2-1 and then you are recording.
· Hit the pause button when you are finished. You can either hit the green arrow to submit your video or push the trashcan and start over.
· PRESTO… you’ve just contributed to our learning!