Friday, May 23, 2014

Science and Math Week of May 27th

Happy Memorial Day!

Every teacher will be doing something different in their classrooms trying to manage the chaos!  I personally believe that if I don't keep them challenged, I will see lots of misbehavior.  So this week we will finish up our unit on measurement by Tuesday and then do some fourth grade skills!  I have been teaching the kids very slowly two digit by to digit multiplication.  This week we will dive deeper into that.  At the end of the week I will begin with long division a bit.  I will let the kids that are not strong in their Math Facts skills use a multiplication chart to aid them.

We will take a fast facts quiz on Tuesday.  I am not putting it in the grade book.

In Science the kids will be finishing up their detailed study of the three types of volcanoes and we will be moving on to Roman Architecture.  Last week the kids were fascinated by the happenings of Pompeii and really loved making their volcano and painting it.  We decided to erupt it this Tuesday :)

Important things to remember this week:
1. The Chariot Races will be at 8:30 this Thursday, May 29th.
2. The Winds of Time Parade will be this Friday, May 30th, time is pending.

I hope to see you at these events with your camera.  It is a really neat and fun time of the year.

Ms. S

No comments:

Post a Comment